UP Board Class 12 Physics Model Paper 2023: Download the latest Physics model paper published by UPMSP for 2023 UP Board Class 12 exams.
UP Board Class 12 Physics Model Paper 2023: The 2023 UP Board exams are fast approaching and student preparation is in full swing. But studying is only half the battle. It is important to know the format of the exam and the right syllabus. Many students get nervous when attempting timed exams in a highly competitive environment.
See also: UP Board Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2022-23: Download PDF with full syllabus and portions deleted
Physics is a conceptual subject, so it’s important to stay calm during the exam and not forget what you’ve learned. However, knowing the exam pattern and solving sample questions beforehand will help you stay calm during the actual exam. It also increases your typing speed.
The Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad or UP Board has published their subject-related sample papers for Class 12 students coming up for the 2023 Board exams. We have provided the Physical Model Paper for Class 12 to read in its entirety. The format and general instructions have also been included. You can also download the UP Board Class 12 Physics Model Paper 2023 in PDF format at the bottom of the article below.
UP Board Class 12 Physics Examination Instructions 2023
- All questions are mandatory.
- This question paper consists of 5 sections: A, B, C, D, E.
- Section: A is multiple choice type and each question carries a grade.
- Section: B is a very short answer type and each question carries a grade.
- Section: C is a short Type I answer and carries two dots each.
- Section: D is of short answer type II and carries three dots each.
- Section: E is of the long answer type and carries five dots. All four questions in this section were given an internal choice. You only have to answer one question from the choices given in the question.
1(a) Which of the following electromagnetic radiations has a minimum wavelength?
- Ultraviolet Radiation
- gamma rays
(b) The momentum of a moving particle is p. The wavelength of the matter wave becomes
(c) Kirchhoff’s first law is based on the conservation of
(d) The reverse saturation current in the pn junction diode is only due to:
- Minority charge bearers
- Majority load carriers
- acceptor ion
- Donar ion
(e) The majority charge carriers in p-type and n-type semiconductors are ———– and ————, respectively.
- electron electron
- electron hole
- hole -electron
- Electron and positive ions
(f) The meter bridge wire consists of
- Manganin or Eureka
2 (a) What is the minimum wavelength of the Balmer series?
(b) Write the formula for the refraction of light on a single sphere?
(c) Explain the meaning of isotope with an example?
(d) Write radioactive waves in ascending order of their penetrating power?
(e) How can the capacitance of a capacitor be increased?
(f) Give logic symbol, boolean expression and truth table for AND gates?
3 (a) Write the definition and unit of electric flow. What does negative electric flow mean?
(b) A current of 5 amperes flows in a wire. How many electrons pass through the cross-sectional area of the wire per minute?
(c) In the hydrogen spectrum, find the wavelength of the second line of the Balmer series as the Rydberg constant (R).
(d) Find the expression for the de Broglie wavelength.
4(a) Derive the formula for the resulting focal length of two thin lenses that touch.
(b) Derive Einstein’s photoelectric equation. (c) Prove using Brewster’s law that refracted and reflected rays are perpendicular to each other.
(d) Write Ampere’s law. Derive the formula for the magnetic field strength at a distance ‘r’ from the current-carrying straight wire of infinite length.
(e) The coefficient of self-inductance of a coil is 40 milli-Henry (40 MH), and the electric current becomes 2 amperes to 12 amperes in 5 milliseconds. Find the value of the induced electromotive force in the coil.
5(a) The focal length of a thin plano-convex lens is 20.0 cm and the refractive index of its material is 1.5. Find the radius of curvature of the convex surface of this lens.
(b) A small telescope has an objective lens with a focal length of 144 cm and an eyepiece with a focal length of 6.0 cm. Calculate the magnification power of the telescope. What is the distance between the lens and the eyepiece in the telescope?
(c) What is LED. Show its (vi) properties by drawing a circuit diagram.
(d) Explain Kirchhoff’s laws of electrical circuits using the circuit diagram.
The oscillating magnetic field in a plane electromagnetic wave is given by 3 By=(8×10 -6 )sin(2×1011t+300Δ(Tesla.
- i) Calculate the wavelength of an electromagnetic wave.
- ii) Write down the expression for the oscillating electric field.
(e) The energy of an electron in an excited hydrogen atom is -3.4 eV. Calculate the angular momentum of the electron. The energy of the electron in the nth orbit is − ଵଷ. ୬ଶ ev.(h=6.6×10-34 joule second)
6- Define the capacitance of a capacitor. Derive the expression for the capacitance of a plate capacitor. How to increase its capacity? Or What is linear charge density? Using Gauss’ theorem, find the expression for the electric field strength in the vicinity of a uniformly charged straight wire of infinite length.
7- An electron moves in a circular orbit with a radius of 2 × 10-10 m with a uniform speed of 3 × 10-6 m/s. Calculate the magnetic field at the center of the circular path. (Given:- ఓ ସగ =10-7 ୵ୣୠୣ୰ ୮ୣ୰ ୟ୫୮ୣ୰ୣ ୫ୣ୲ୣ୰ ୫୮ୣ୰ୣ ×meter, e=1.6×10-19 Coulomb)
Derive the formula for the force between two parallel current-carrying conductors.
8) Draw a series resonant circuit for the LCR combination. Derive the formula for the resonant frequency of this circuit. How does the resonant frequency depend on the resistance? Or: In Young’s experiment, using a light source with a wavelength of 4000 Å 0 , a stripe width of 0.6 mm is obtained at a distance of 2 m on the screen. With the entire apparatus immersed in a liquid with a refractive index of 1.5, determine the value of the fringe width.
9) Explain the process of electrical conduction in an npn transistor. Why is its base made thin? Why is it more useful compared to pnp transistor? Or Discuss the principle of Huygens’ secondary wavelets.
Physics is an important subject for science students. Physics is part of both the technical and medical entrance exams, so learning the concepts well is of paramount importance. This will help you pass the board exams and thrive even after passing grade 12. So study hard and study smart.
All the best!
You can also check out the UP Board Class 12 model papers for other topics below.
UP Board 2023 Class 12 Sample Papers PUBLISHED: Download Here